Spudlets

February 06, 2004

Praise Power

How can we pay back the Lord for all He has given us? We walk by faith, and our salvation is by grace and not works. The result of our faith needs to be works, our actions when He calls us. As loyal servants, may we be ready to serve as He requests. David in Psalm 116:12-19 puzzled about this as well:

How can I repay the LORD
for all his goodness to me?

I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD.

I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.

Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.

O LORD, truly I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant;
you have freed me from my chains.

I will sacrifice a thank offering to you
and call on the name of the LORD.

I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people,

in the courts of the house of the LORD--
in your midst, O Jerusalem.

Have you made vows to the Lord, and if not do you need to? Jesus gave us two simple yet sometimes difficult commandments: love the Lord your God with all of your heart/mind/soul, love your neighbor as yourself. Praise God that He sets the love example for us. Glory to God that He loved us first, that He loves us so much He intervenes in our life and blesses us far beyond what we deserve. Praise His holy name. Hallelujah!

We serve the Lord and fulfill our vows when we love Him and love others. Turn your love into action this weekend, and you will be truly blessed.

I love you Lord, and I lift my voice,
To worship you Oh my soul rejoice.
Take joy my King, in what you hear,
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.

Posted by MarcV, 3:33 PM link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?